divendres, de novembre 19, 2004

The end of Barcelona time

Now when I think back this time in here Barcelona it was even close what I really expected.
The experience here is more that you can explaned in words. I really don´t know what to say to my friends back home what kind of place this is, still I can try if they have time to listen or you time to read=)

Big things comes from small things and same it is with this experience here. I see lot of things that are so different than in Finland. Cultural differences. For me those are funny things. I understand that because of history and climate and etc. there is reasons for everything so all of the thing that are different has happen because of some reason.

At the beginning I have to say that everyone who comes here in Catalunia should now how to speak at least spanish or french. Sometimes I´m so unhappy because I can´t speak with somebody cause I know only "un poco spanish" If you can speak spanish so you can get more things about culture and people in here if you just can talk spanish.

For me this has been the biggest city where I have ever lived. At first I was so lost but it it so easy to use the metro. And I didn´t really believe that it´s gonna be cold in here november. Last erasmus student were not fooling me. The food is not so cheap that I thought, only the beer and wine maybe and in the discos it´s very expencive to drink.

Upsss....I had to also tell about my favorite places here. Ou, the best ones have been ofcourse the views over the city (from Montjuic, Tibidabo and from the Gaudi park hill) and because of the fresh air there. Second thing for me is the view of the ocean, the beaches. For me the best places has been the nature places. Normal street views in a normal small streets where is no tourists more far away from the city center. About those tourist places the best ones has been the zoo (even I don´t like the idea of keeping animals locked cages and humans staring them). The zoo was so big and we spend whole day there with my sister. The parks are also nice expecially la ciutadella and Gaudi park. I would like to go to the labyrint park but I have time. I haven´t been in many museums cause I don´t like them. Wax museum I have been but it was not worth of the price. Also I have been in Aquarium. That was nice also. Quite expencive but not often you see sharks or different kind of fishes, so it was worth of paying. Still I think it was too short visit.

Ou, and Sitges (30 minutes away from city Barcelona with train) was really really really nice place. The beach there was so much better and cleaner and also place in north called Sabadell if you like more quiet places where is not tourist and fresh air.

I still think that the places that I have visited are not the most important things. All of the thing that are different here than in my home country are the main things so ofcourse every place I have visit have some effect in me but still the people and the contacts with people is more important. Everyday has been an adventure for me because everyday I have seen new things that I have never seen before. Everyday I can really say that I didn´t wake up in vain. For me there is still so much places I didn´t go or see, I really have to come back here. Now I know something. Now I go back to familiar and secure environment back home. There is not so much to see everyday but still everyday there is reason to wake up. Everyday I learn something even in Finland because of the different people.

It´s not about the place, it´s all about the people.


Here is a little something......to sing...

John Denver - Leaving On A Jetplane Lyrics All my bags are packed I'm ready to go

I'm standing here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye.
But the dawn is breaking it's early morning
The taxi is waiting, he is blowing his horn
Already I'm so lonesome, I could cry
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you wait for meHold me like you never let me go
I'm leaving on a jetplane,I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe I hate to go
There is so many times I've let you down
So many times I've played around
I tell you now they don't mean a thing.
Every place I go I think of you
Every song I sing I sing for you.
When I come back I wear your wedding-ring
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you wait for meHold me like you never let me go
I'm leaving on a jetplane,I don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe I hate to go
Now the time has come to leave you
One more time let me kiss you
Close your eyes, and I'll be on my way
Dream about the days to comeI wont have to leave alone, and I
wont have to say:
So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you wait for meHold me like you never let me go
I'm leaving on a jetplane,I don't know when I'll be back again.
I'm leaving on a jetplane,I don't know when I'll be back again.
I'm leaving on a jetplane,I don't know when I'll be back again.
Oh babe I hate to go.


I really had fun. Thank you all. I will go back to Finland with smile on my face.
Maybe we will see somewhere, sometime, never know.

Heippa ja vointeja.
Goodbye and take care.

Sini
From Finland