dimecres, d’octubre 06, 2004

Diga-Oiga!

Diga-Oiga!
I have heard a lot about this university and Barcelona from those Erasmus students who was here in last autumn. That´s why I have been expected and repaired those things. Still there is some things that I´m very supprised. Like;I had heard that it would smell all the time bad in the city but I don´t smell anything (maybe sometimes). And I thought the streets would be more dirtier but they are not.The weather it is all the time hot and down in the metro stations there is sometimes SO extremely hot. For a finish student it´s weird to go to school when it´s so hot. Like in a class I get very tired because there is not enough oxygen or fresh air. If you open the window it does not help. In Finland it would help.The title of my mail is one thing also that supprise me. When the Catalonian people answers their phone they say Diga! and that sounds like very rude. Still I think the Catalonian people are friendly and they actually try to speak english. I like that. When the time goes by I really would like them to talk me only spanish so that I could learn more. Yet now I don´t know much spanish so I could not understand a lot.The university building is so nice because it´s old and all the towers and the decoration. There is this gard how is showing the way when you first walk to the yard. That´s funny. Also it is funny to have a turtles in the school in that little "park" in the middle of the school.